The services we provide include
Geriatric Care Management:
- Conduct assessments. Create client-unique plans of care to identify care problems and challenges and the solutions to effectively address them.
- Screening, arranging, and monitoring in-home help or other services. This includes assistance in hiring a qualified caregiver for home care.
- Becoming the medical/patient advocate in times of sickness; whether it is at the doctor’s office or the Emergency Room of a hospital.
- Help with the older adult’s chronic needs. We review legal or medical issues and offering referrals to the appropriate geriatric specialists.
- Referral to supporting resources with whom we’ve had good experience: dental care; physical therapy; home safety; transportation; Geriatrician consultations; etc.
- Crisis intervention and mediation services. We act as a liaison to families at a distance, overseeing care, and quickly alerting families to problems. This is especially important when families are engaged in long distance care-giving for a loved one.
- Assist with moving an older person to an appropriate retirement complex. Whether assisted care home or nursing home–as needed.
- Education and advocacy services, as well as eldercare counseling and support.
- Providing a means for socialization. Whether in the home, meeting friends, or by going to a Senior Center or an Adult Day Care facility.
- Eldercare assistance for those engaged in local or long-distance care-giving.
We provide medication ordering, disbursement and timely reordering according to client need, through our staff of experienced RN’s. Our Nurses also assess the ongoing efficacy of prescribed medications, suggesting modifications and changes, as appropriate, to address observed changes in a client’s conditions. Working closely with a Geriatric Care Manager, observed changes in client behavior and demeanor are referred to a client’s physicians for their assessment as to whether or not changes in treatment protocols are required.
“Patricia brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to her practice as a Geriatric Care Manager. She is a strong advocate for her clients and communicates well with family and other “team” members. Patricia’s primary focus is providing the best care for her clients and ultimately ensures they have the best quality of life possible.”